November 3, 2011
Pre- Service Teacher Education and Training ( PSTE)
November 6 2011 171 Views Faculties Corner
PSTE faculty of DIET has to do the following functions:-
- To organize quality pre-service teacher education courses for elementary school teachers
- To serve as a model for the other elementary teacher education for the following:
- learner centred education
- education for the personality development, training , preparation of suitable teaching aids, action research, etc.
- Provisions for the psychological counseling and guidance services to schools
- All matters to learning by children with special abilities
- To provide input to all other activities of DIET which are to be carried out by other faculties , such as:
- In service programmes of school teachers
- Training programmes for Adult education workers
- Field interaction including extension activities
- Action research to improve learner abilities in schools
- Maintenance of science lab, psychological equipment, rooms for art education and equipment and facilities for sports and physical education.
- Promotion pf co-curricular activities in schools like, yoga,physical education activities, science fairs, art festivals ,etc.
Pre-Service Teacher Training courses(Diploma in Education-DEd) are now going on in DIET Palakkad with two batches
- First year batch with 40 trainees
- Second year with 40 trainees
Duration of this course is two year(4 Credit Semesters) and selection purely on merit basis. The selection is done by Deputy Director of Education , Palakkad